Monday, February 24, 2014

Love, Toddler Style



Shocking news. My son EJ, at eighteen-months-old, received Valentine's from his classmates at "school." What??!!  He is very busy learning where his nose is, and I see those other drool monsters when I pick him up (no one seems to have the nose thing down), so WHO among them has the time to put pen to paper and write thoughtful Valentine's messages? Two of the toddlers even attached their Valentine notes to organic fruit pouches!  Unreal.  So, I sat EJ down on the bench outside of school and talked to him about social standing and fitting in.  I told him that every class has a deadbeat, and I didn't want him to take on that role.  I think he got what I was saying because he jumped up to chase a butterfly.

As I walked past the group of mothers congregated near the playground, slurping down one of the pouches he'd received, I hoped that EJ had really learned his lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment