Thursday, February 20, 2014

Welcome, Welcome!


I think the world needs another "my life is fine, but sort of a clusterf**k" blog, so here I am. Here are a few basic things you may want to know about me:

1. I am 35 and the mom of a two-year-old son, EJ.

2. I've been divorced for a little over a year, and guess I had one of those starter marriages you hear about (<5 years).

3.  I always wanted to be a writer...but am a teacher...who blogs.

At the very least, I'm hoping my accounts of the fiascos I encounter on a regular basis can make you feel a little better about yourself, give you something to connect to, or mildly amuse you.  And, it doesn't matter if you're laughing with me or at me either; I won't know the difference.  

When I think of my journalism training from college, I know I'm supposed to hook in my reader and then leave them wanting more.  I'll keep that in mind going forward, but let me now dangle some trailers of my bumps in the road: a cheating husband and the worst end to a marriage of anyone I know (I couldn't make the story up if I tried), my cancer-survivor mom is my roommate (stories for days!), I had to re-enter the dating world (creepsters galore!), and I'm the mom of a sassy three-year-old (we could go on that one alone).  I will see you very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment