Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cups, Yeah



I'm nervous that EJ has the worst cups at daycare. When I got divorced, people were lovely and gave me a ton of hand-me-down items, including sippy cups. I felt a little weird about the cups and almost threw them out...errr, recycled them, but I was then able to buy a Nars eyeshadow I was crushing on, so everyone won.  Needless to say, a few of EJ's cups are a little scratched and might display some discontinued cartoon characters, but you know what?  They are clean and he doesn't know the difference.  Besides, I think it's good to teach children the value of a dollar when they're young.  Last month, I tried to modernize EJ's collection and added a colorful value-pack of cups into the rotation.  However, there was one problem.  For six cups, there was only one cover, and of course, it's gone. So, as I packed his lunch for today (stayed tuned for that gem), I was forced to turn into McGyver mom and put plastic wrap over the mouth hole.  Only it wasn't even the name-brand Saran wrap that will hug the lid tightly and actually wrap it, it was America's Choice and I had to use a huge piece and almost mummify the top. What will his teachers think?  


No comments:

Post a Comment